Emergency Roof Repair Philadelphia Pa
Best Roofers in Philadelphia
Philadelphia Roof Repair
Winds from storms at 50 to 60 mph can bring down trees and power lines. They can blow debris from neighboring homes that can cause damage to your own. While regularly scheduled home inspections should already be part of your home’s maintenance plan, roof inspections are especially important after severe storms. Damage from hail or strong winds may not be noticed by untrained eyes, however homeowners should perform a visual roof inspection none the less after storms pass. Document any problems and work with your insurance company and a knowledgeable contractor to fix any issues.
How to spot roof damage
Follow these steps to check for storm damage to your roof:
• Inspect your attic for leaks or water damage. Also, if any water stains appear on your ceiling or walls, you likely need repairs or a roof replacement.
• Look for signs of storm damage from the ground. Check for missing shingles or missing pieces of metal fascia, including any metal pieces displaced from around your chimney. Also, assess the condition of exhaust pipes, valleys, outer edges or angles where the roof meets the walls.
• Obviously, you’ll notice if a tree fell on your roof. If so, stay out of your home until a professional can determine whether any structural damage occurred. Consider hiring a general contractor or roofer with a general contractor’s license if your home suffered structural damage, as you’ll need more than roof repairs.
• If the storm produced hail, check for roof damage as well as siding damage. Hail damage commonly comes in the forms of dimples, made by smaller chunks of hail that pound the outer layer of shingles.
• Stay safe — avoid going on the roof to check for damage yourself and instead contact a professional roofer.
For more information, or to schedule a free inspection, contact us.
When searching for the right roofing contractor, keep these important things in mind:
The contractor should not offer quotes over the phone without looking at the condition of your roof first;
Reputable roofing experts should visit your property and should provide a thorough examination of your roofs and ceilings;
Also keep in mind some roofing contractors specialize in specific kinds of roofing.
The following are 3 Vital Tips to help you find the roofing contractor that is right for you:
1) Ask the roofing contractor about the quality of the material they will be using and if they offer a written guarantee on their work;
2) Always make sure the contractor has the proper license and insurance in place before starting your work.
3) Always ask if they have online testimonials and positive reviews they can direct you to.
There’s more you should know about choosing the right roofing contractor. The information we provide could save you time and money. Just visit our website or call us today.
philadelphia roofers reviews
roof repair philadelphia
best roofers in philadelphia
commercial roofing contractors philadelphia
cheap roofers in philadelphia
philadelphia roofers union
roofers in northeast philadelphia
philadelphia roofing contractors
philadelphia roof repair
flat roof replacement cost philadelphia
affordable roofing philadelphia pa
roofers in south philadelphia
roof works construction